Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Just do it.

Today I was feeling pretty good. I walked into my office and got a warm hello from the security guards as always and had the thought to do something for them. During my lunch hour I ran down to the convenience store 5 seconds from my building and bought them all oreos and milk. I ended up forgetting my wallet and had to go all the way back up, but that's not the point. Anywho- it was literally the equivalent of about $2 for all of the goods. It was slightly awkward giving it to them- we've never spoken. There is obviously a pretty large language barrier but the seemed shocked when I just randomly handed them cookies and milk cartons. I just wanted to show that the workers here actually do notice them. One guard said "Thank you very much for your kindness" and I walked to my little cubicle. I'll admit I was pushing myself a bit out of my comfort zone to do this but in the end, my advice is to just do it- just get out there and recognize the people you see everyday but end up just passing by. Anyways- that's my little 2 bits for the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment