Friday, August 30, 2013

Ecuador #4: Mountain Biking Down Cotopaxi Volcano


 We began our trip with after an hour and a half (maybe more) drive to the Volcano out of Quito. Upon arrival at the volcano we couldn't see anything. Fog was covering what should have been a gorgeous view. It was gruelingly cold.... sleeted in the face, numb fingers, purple lips, just painful. That's how I would describe my experience mountain biking down Cotopaxi Volcano.... The weather was just the worst you could possibly ask for. The wind sliced through our thin layers and the ice shards stung our legs and faces. Even the guide admitted it was cold, and he had thermals on. Nevertheless, the day continued and here are some of my pics. We never got to see the volcano, just some surrounding peaks, but it was still enjoyable enough. Not much else to say so let's get to the pics! (I know that's what you come here for anyways).

Beginning our adventure: That is a lone man peeing off the edge of a cliff. Class and artistic, no?
When we first go to the top of the mountain..... Dad and Jared in their alpaca jackets and we are all freezing our butts off



Still kind of a pretty view, despite my numb lips


Still biking. :)

After our first 30 minutes of biking- after coming down some it was warmer and livable. 





My favorite pic of the day :) 
Whelp :) Now I can say I've done it!

No comments:

Post a Comment