Friday, August 30, 2013

Ecuador #8 Guayaquil (Temple Trip)

This past weekend I spent Friday/Saturday in Guayaquil with my mom and dad at the temple. We managed to find Lindsey and Jared who were in a 200 kid group doing other things at the temple. They had it pretty rough... 8 hour bus ride there, 8 back, little food, not water given to them.... Not unlike a prison (hah). So we took pity on them and crammed them in our hotel room Friday night. But it was such a wonderful experience to do 2 sessions at the temple with my parents. Especially before I go serve my mission in less than 2 weeks. It's getting down to the wire and my nerves were pretty bad last week, but going to the temple brought me a lot of comfort. It made me remember why I'm doing what I'm doing and willing to serve for so long. Here are a few pictures of the temple!

This is from the night session. So gorgeous. 

Iphone pics... they seriously are pretty dang good

My siblings are outside there somewhere...

I get creative sometimes

Love this building


Day 2: 
Saturday we got out of the temple around 11 or so and had the rest of the day to do things before our flight at 7 pm so we took a taxi around the city. Here are a few snaps I took. Guayaquil doesn't really have much to offer besides our 3 hour taxi ride though, so don't spend your money here- Quito is waaay more worth your time! 


Old church near Iguana Park


While walking on the boardwalk, this uber old looking boat passed by. 

Clock tower of awesomeness


No idea who this guy is, but his mustache was too rad not to snap a photo of. This pic doesn't do it justice, but it curls at the end and comes off his face. 

Las Peynas hill- pretty pastel houses under a lighthouse
(really the only thing worth seeing in Guayaquil besides the temple)
Side note- at the airport on Friday, there was a Johnny Rockets and I got an oreo shake and fries.
Best decision ever made. 

Love my parents and loved this weekend with them :)


No comments:

Post a Comment