Friday, August 30, 2013

Ecuador #6: Otavalo and Lake Quicocha

Two of my favorite people here in Ecuador took my family up to Otavalo (Ecuador's largest market) and we also went to Lake Quicocha and the leather market nearby. It was a fun day with great company browsing the colorful streets of the market. I didn't take too many pics at the market simply because I don't find it awe-shocking anymore after living in Thailand for 3 years, sorry for the lack of them. But I got plenty of the gorgeous crater lake! Here they are: 



These pictures just don't quite do it justice but they're the best I got. 

We took one of these boats around the islands in the center of the crater.






Kind of reminds me of Thailand's beaches with green cliffs
Interesting tidbit- the water in the crater was about 5-10 degrees warmer than it should be because it is still an active volcano underneath. There are little bubbles that pop along side the boat when you dock (probably from small vents in the volcano).
On the way back we caught this amaaazing view of Cayambe mountain/volcano? (not sure which)

Just sooo GORGEOUS. 
Another wonderful day! With wonderful people!

No comments:

Post a Comment